Extending the Strategic Plan
Ferst Readers’ Long-Range Planning Committee (LRPC) has responsibility for developing and recommending a strategic plan and long-range goals and objectives that help guide the governance, program, budget and development priorities of Ferst Readers.
The principal purposes of long-range planning for Ferst Readers are:
- to reaffirm Ferst Readers’ central role in advancing childhood literacy,
- to determine which activities in pursuit of its mission are best carried out by Ferst Readers,
- to encourage Ferst Readers’ Community Action Teams to develop long-range goals and plans,
- to provide a basis for setting priorities in the face of legitimate but competing claims for limited Ferst Readers resources, thereby creating a coherent approach to helping advance childhood literacy as a societal priority, and
- to rekindle and strengthen the sense of common purpose among Ferst Readers board members through an open and inclusive planning process.